I have been trying to post a entry about our vacation for the past few days, and every time I sit down to write it, I'm just not inspired. My mind has been focused on the recent death of a friend's husband. He was killed this past week in Afghanistan. I attended his memorial service yesterday afternoon and I have to say that he is a man who has touched many lives, more than could ever fill a church sanctuary. It is sad to see him go. My friend Amy has posted an entry on her blog that includes additional links with information about him. Please keep this family in your prayers.
Monday, June 18, 2007
In Memory Of Art Lilley
I have been trying to post a entry about our vacation for the past few days, and every time I sit down to write it, I'm just not inspired. My mind has been focused on the recent death of a friend's husband. He was killed this past week in Afghanistan. I attended his memorial service yesterday afternoon and I have to say that he is a man who has touched many lives, more than could ever fill a church sanctuary. It is sad to see him go. My friend Amy has posted an entry on her blog that includes additional links with information about him. Please keep this family in your prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so sorry Cherie. That's terrible news. It seems that this will never end.
Cherie,
I am feeling the same way. I can't focus on my schoolwork either. And at the same time I feel guilty for even thinking that because I can't even imagine how Chris is getting out of bed in the morning. We're traveling tomorrow to PA for the calling hours (Friday) and the funeral (Saturday). I will try to call you on Sunday or Monday.
Amy
Post a Comment