Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What You've Missed, or Should I Say What I Have Neglected to Post, Part 4

In August, we celebrated Larry's first birthday stateside in 5 years. The kids were very happy to have him home for his birthday considering Lexi was two and AJ was a month from being born when he celebrated his 29th birthday with us. This month we also celebrated the first day of school. Lexi started 2nd grade and AJ started Pre-K which is basically a program run by the public school system for children who are too young for Kindergarten and in AJ's case, too old to repeat the four year old class at a preschool. We (or should I say Larry) had several misgivings about sending him to school this year, but it has worked out well for AJ. He attends the afternoon session and seems to really enjoy the class and the teacher. I was a little concerned about Lexi's transition to a new school. She had attended the same school for two years and was leaving behind several good friends. She also attended a small school with only one class per grade. Here she has four or five classes per grade and about as many students in 2nd grade as she had in the whole elementary school section of her old school. However, Lexi had no issues with her new school and was already talking about new friends within the first day or two of school starting.


Larry's birthday dinner at one of the best steakhouses in Texas.

The old man blowing out his candles.

Larry and the kids.

Lexi's first day of school...we didn't escape uniforms this year.

AJ's first day of school.

AJ's Clone Wars backpack. He really wanted Scooby-Doo, but I couldn't find one. He had to settle for a Mystery Machine lunchbox.

0 comments: