Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Love of a Child

I have to share that in my hectic life, I rarely take the time to just sit and watch my children play. Unfortunately it seems that I'm always busy but can't account for my time or my accomplishments. My life seems to be full of unfinished "have to do's". But today, I decided to sit outside and watch my children play instead of cleaning the kitchen table, rinsing dishes and loading the dishwasher. I didn't rush the kids to take a bath and my "five more minutes" turned into thirty. What I witnessed brought a smile to my face and I found that the joy of a child is infectious. Today, I also realized that my daughter has a kind and gentle heart. When I told her that she didn't have to keep pushing AJ on the swing, she replied "that's okay mama, that's what sisters do". I suppose since I am an only child, I never quite grasped the bond that occurs between siblings. The adoration that pours out of AJ and the protective spirit of Lexi warms my heart and really does make me want to cry. He looks to her for guidance and support, and she watches over him, helping him, encouraging him and loving him.


Lexi "dropping" AJ while teaching him to hang from the rings.

AJ's enjoyment of her attention.

She kept helping him, never complaining when he couldn't get it.

Teamwork makes it a possibility.

She realized he wasn't big enough to pedal, so she hopped on and helped him.

A familiar picture from the last post, but look past AJ to Lexi holding back Jack when he tried to blow out AJ's candle.

1 comments:

Angie said...

Aaah! Siblings are great. Maybe I won't have an only child.