Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Kids Eat Free

Yeah, so tonight we ate at Pizza Hut. Lexi had a "Book It" certificate for a free personal pan pizza that was about to expire and I figured that the Kids Eat Free buffet would be the perfect time to go. I'm the only person who had to pay to eat...you can't beat that. The food was on par for a buffet and I don't feel like I wasted my money when AJ decided he was only going to eat the pepperoni and sausage off of every slice he was given. Lexi on the other hand got her money's worth. She ate my veggies from the salad bar, her personal pan pepperoni pizza (which she has never finished before) including the crust, a slice of cherry dessert pizza, a cinnamon bread stick which she finished off with a pickle. I don't know where she put it, but if Larry were here, I think she could have eaten him under the table. AJ declared more than once that he was finished but I continued to find ways to persuade him to eat more. A change of location and a little permitted wandering did the trick. When we received the check, his favorite candy, peppermint (although they had no yellow ones much to his dismay), was tossed in as a thank you. I managed to persuade him to eat the rest of his carrots with the promise of a piece of candy when he was finished. He ate probably 5 or 6 more carrot sticks then proceeded to claim he couldn't eat a quarter inch of the last carrot because this was cucumber man. Don't ask because I don't know. All I do know is that there was an elaborate story and cucumber man left the restaurant clutched in AJ's fingers only to be discarded by the time we made it into the house. This is one of the many reasons that I think God should give everyone at least one boy and one girl. I thought I had seen it all when I watched my toddler daughter repeatedly lick the bathtub, but boy was I wrong. I have been the witness to any number of oddities such as my son eating doorstops, licking leaves on bushes, performing cavity searches on our dog, turning every object imaginable into a gun and asking me to smell his feet. Life doesn't get much better than eating your dinner in public while one child sticks his shoeless foot in your face and the other child is playing footsie with your knee. Oh before I forget, tonight at dinner AJ declared his two most favorite digits are his pinky and thumb. Just thought you would like to know.

1 comments:

Angie said...

That's hilarious! I am truly laughing out loud here.