Monday, May 16, 2011
My New Love
Quite a bit has happened in the last 3 months, and unfortunately I haven't felt like blogging about it. It always seems like my ideas come at inopportune times, such as when I'm drifting off to sleep, when I'm driving around town completing numerous errands, or when I'm running on the treadmill. One day, I remember composing an entire entry in my head as I racked up miles impersonating a hamster, and then by the time I returned home from taking the kids to school and walking the dog, I had completely forgotten to write it and it was lost for good. Other times, I just haven't been up to blogging about personal matters as I'm positive no one wants to read about the drama of being poorly suited for coaching 7-8 year old boys in soccer. Big life lesson learned there, will not repeat in future. There was also a short period of time in which I closed my blog because I had a few stalkers who were starting to weird me out. Don't get me wrong, I understand that this is a public forum and if I wasn't comfortable with strangers reading about my life and viewing my pictures, then I should never have started this adventure. However, when you don't recognize or make a connection to certain visitors who repeatedly stalk your blog, it starts to mess with your mind (at least if you're me and you ruminate for too long over insignificant events). Finally, I'm over it, and I've decided to share something that I'm in love with at the moment: Instagram. I first saw Instagram's photos on The Pioneer Woman's blog and fell in love with the app. I proceeded to downloaded it, and it's currently one of my favorite apps for the iphone. It even surpasses my dictionary.com app and is probably tied with my Mahjong app. Since no one wants to read a rhapsody about an app that has improved my spelling or has given me yet another way to kill voluminous amounts of free time while waiting in the line at Wal-mart, then I give you my ode to Instagram. It's a simple little app that even a child can use, much simpler than fighting Photoshop for hours and walking away in a huff. Just point and shoot, load the picture into the app, edit away, and voila, a new picture in about 30 seconds. Now, if you so desire, you can share your newly found artistic side with Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, email, and the list continues. I'm not quite that prolific yet, and I'm pretty sure my FB friends would tire of the Instagram posts after I start uploading numerous random pictures. Here however, it's my party and I'll post if I want to. Enjoy.
See, sometimes he can crack a smile (note the evidence of a slight upturning at the corners of his mouth).
Thing 2 and Thing 1
Rockin' the green fingernail polish.
What I can say? He's cute and he's mine.
Bob, up close and personal.
Whiskey, enough said.
I could write a whole post about this unrequited love, but Sophie is scared of the camera and runs when I try to take pictures. Let's just say that Whiskey loves her so much that if she would let him, he would snuggle in her arms all day. Kind of reminds me of the love affair between Pepe Le Pew and Penelope Pussycat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I saw that Pioneer Woman had a couple of posts about instagram, but I didn't read them. What exactly is it?
It's simply a photo editing and sharing program for the iphone and ipod touch. Check out the brief wikipedia entry, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instagram
I'm not really up on the technical side of it, but its extremely easy to use and gives you almost instant gratification when it comes to a finished photo.
Hm, sounds interesting and fun. I should use Chase or Kenny's ipod touch to try it out.
Post a Comment