Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, May 29, 2008

And the countdown begins

Yeah, so I guess you have figured out that I haven't been updating as much. Things have been hectic and will get even more hectic in the next couple of days. We have officially begun the process of moving. Today will be my last day of work. Today is also the day (we think!?!) that the movers will show up to take our goods to storage. Tomorrow will begin the gigantic cleaning task ahead of us to prepare our house for renters. We found a nice couple with two small boys who will move in on Monday. We have a walk through on Sunday, so wish me cleaning luck. I won't list all the stuff that is necessary, but I am bringing in reinforcements (my mom). It is strange seeing the house in boxes. It has been 5 years and 8 months since we have moved. Lexi doesn't remember all the crazy moves before her (she lived in four houses in two years) and AJ has never moved. Lexi seems to be taking it well because she is always up for an adventure. I think the reality of the move will probably hit when she starts school in a new place. AJ on the other hand, doesn't really seem to understand the finality of the situation, and honestly I expect him to take it the hardest. Of course, I'm not going to be far behind him. I'm leaving my good friends behind. Some I have known for years and some I have just gotten to know. Who do you call when you are two hours behind and 1800 miles away? Amy, any suggestions on the transition? Well, wish us luck because we will be out of here by Monday and virtually homeless for close to a month.

1 comments:

Angie said...

I hope that you are close to getting settled. I'm sure it's harder to leave when you've lived somewhere for a long time!