Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Murphy's Law for Military Wives

Yes my friends, when it rains, it pours. It always seems like as soon as the military man steps foot on a plane destined for somewhere other than with you, all hell breaks loose, or should I say everything seems to fall apart. In the past when he has been gone for months on deployments, things would break like the computer, the DVR, the camera, a car, the roof, etc. and the kids would get sick. I was fortunate enough to make it through 4 deployments without anything more serious than migraines and one stomach virus. This time, he's gone TDY for 30 days and all my "good" fortune has caught up with me. He was gone 24 hours and I'm in an Urgent Care Clinic with pink eye. Six days after he leaves, I'm diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection and to put the icing on the cake, I cracked a rib while coughing from the URI. This conclusion was made 5 days after the URI diagnosis even though I told the doctor I was having chest pains. So in conclusion, he's been gone 15 days and I've become a contagious, coughing, broken person sucking down antibiotics and Vicodin (at the end of the day when I no longer need to drive anywhere). Lord help me 'cause I can only imagine what is going to happen in the next 15 days.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Oh Cherie. ML had to hit you at least once. I'm sorry. I hope that you are on the mend before he returns.

Amy said...

I am so sorry! Try to take care of yourself and let the house go to heck. Give the kids poptarts for dinner, and let the dog fend for herself. God knows she can! I hope you feel better soon!!!