Two conversations today with two different children:
1) Lexi, when asked why she didn't smile (and by smile I mean actually showing a little teeth) in her school picture, informed me that she doesn't smile in pictures anymore because a kid at school told her she had wonky teeth. Then she continued to tell me that she isn't going to smile in her pictures anymore until after she gets braces and her teeth are fixed. Larry said she better start saving her money now and I told her to quit being silly that every child her age has wonky teeth. I mean really? I'm not ready for this headache of peer pressure, and frankly isn't she a little young for it too?
2) While sitting at a stoplight, I told AJ to quit staring at the guy trying to sell something on the corner. AJ told me matter-of-factly, "Mama, you make me mad sometimes." I replied, "Well, AJ you make me mad sometimes too." So as not to be outdone, AJ remarked, "Well, sometimes you make me mad more." Then, the conversation turned into some kind of "Who's on First?" farce about who actually makes who mad more.
This is my life. Welcome to it.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment