Contemplating life
Today was our fishing day, except someone forgot to tell the fish. The funny thing was that we could see them but they weren't biting. I'm sure part of the problem was the heat. It is unseasonably warm here, and I don't believe anyone or anything really wanted to be out. AJ had fun playing with the fishing rods and the worms. Lexi became bored after she realized nothing was going to happen. I was informed that she wanted to go home because she was tired, itchy and hot. Sounds like a fair argument. But I have to say, despite the heat, it is nice to be back in the mountainous area to which I'm accustomed. Yesterday, we drove to see my grandmother in her new nursing home/assisted living community. We took the scenic route and I enjoyed listening to my father's tales from the restaurant where he was eating when he heard about Kennedy's assassination to the stands of trees where he used to coon hunt. It is amazing to see how much the area has changed in my lifetime. I can't imagine how much my parents and grandparents have witnessed. The kids enjoyed our stroll down memory lane and the ice cream we ate in Blacksburg made the trip even better.


0 comments:
Post a Comment