Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, July 30, 2006

My Dream House


The trip started with me singing a rendition of "On the Road Again". This was followed by a "mom's losing it" look from Lexi and a "I don't get it". AJ decided he would just kick my seat so he could watch his Spiderman shoes light up. Such was the trip to visit my parents...filled with "are we there yet?" and AJ requesting for mommy to make the funny noise again, which was actually me driving over the center line and making the bumpy sound. All in all it was an easy trip with no major mishaps and a call from my sweetie. We reached my parents' house and no sooner had we unloaded the car than Lexi asks where my Barbies are at. Yes, I still have my Barbies, my Corvette, the Jeep with the horse trailer, the pool set, the spa bath set, numerous sets of furniture and gasp...my Dream House. I also still have my Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcakes, but that is another blog for another time. Lexi, who apparently never forgets anything, remembers that I mentioned 6 months ago that I have a Barbie house. Well suddenly the rest of my evening is consumed with cleaning and assembling a "retro" hangout for my upteen Barbies and their Kens. Let me just mention right now that the much need directions for this house have long since been lost and I had to rely on pictures from ebay to help me put it together. Needless to say, hours later, the beautiful example of 70's architecture has been resurrected. This to a chorus of "How much longer are you going to be?" and "Are you finished yet?" while AJ lost or should I say hid the screws. Guess what we will be doing tomorrow...decorating the Dream house circa 1980.

1 comments:

Angie said...

How great that you still have that! We always played with my dad's toys at my grandmothers and loved it.