

Honestly, not much happened today that was different from yesterday except the blasted heat. Lexi really wanted us to hang around and watch her, but mein furher kept yelling at me to go walking. Yet again, Lexi plays second fiddle to squeaky wheel. How funny that I am married to an outdoorsy man, and I start to wilt at the slightest increase in temperature and humidity. Of course, with temperatures near 100, I guess I have a little room to complain. Needless to say, what we did watch, seemed quite fun. When we returned from our walk, the kids were playing "Steal the Bacon"(basically keep away) and Lexi had scored two goals and we witnessed the third. She was very proud of herself. I have to admit, she seems to thoroughly enjoy this camp. In all honesty, I was expecting to have to drag her there, but she came home this afternoon and readied her bag for tomorrow. I think one of the most encouraging things for her is the all female staff (for her group only, the older kids have all men...is this a statement about gender and patience or what?). At Lexi's age, the teams are coed, and she tends to be one of a few on a team of many. AJ also really enjoys playing soccer and I'm looking forward to watching both of them play this fall...the first game is September 9th. The coach offered to let AJ play with the kids again today and he finally decided to be social. He practiced his goal shots with the big kids and had a blast. Lookout World Cup 2022, the kids are coming to town.
0 comments:
Post a Comment