Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Lizards, Frogs and Lilies oh my!


"Come on mama!!"



Look really hard in the center of the picture.


Well, this morning I got wrangled into taking a walk with AJ, which basically means I walked for 4 miles and he rode in a stroller. There was also a lot of "come on mama" when I was apparently too slow for him. For some reason, the fact that I was about to pass out from the heat didn't seem to register with him. Luckily, we were blessed with many fun things to look at on our walk. I think I had more fun looking at the little beasties than AJ, and he kept claiming I was running over snakes. At one point, I was having wheel trouble on the stroller and thought we would never make it back. It seemed as though I kept running over bits and pieces that would make one of the front wheels stick...kind of like the crazy cart in Wal-mart. He was having a blast though, and I was cursing under my breath. Don't ask why after a mile of this continuing problem did I finally put two and two together. The fiendish laugh coming from my son's mouth suddenly registered in my heat warped mind and I realized that he was rubbing his shoe against the wheel. Why oh why can a two year old outwit a college educated person? Keep your opinions to yourself Larry! :) All I can say is that AJ is becoming more and more like his father everyday. Despite the heat, our stroll was very enjoyable. We would stop and look at the flowers and animals or should I say I would stop and AJ would give me the "come on mama". I was very excited when we came across the tadpoles and the tiniest frogs/toads I've ever seen. The picture I'm uploading shows the size of a "big" one. Unfortunately, King Kong was unable to see them because he kept tromping through the mud and scaring them back into the water...he probably sent some to froggy heaven too, but such is survival of the fittest. The walk must have been tiring for AJ because on the stroll back to the soccer complex, he started falling asleep. Just when I thought I might have a break from the mushing, his head popped back up and he started singing the Star Wars "dark side" song. My little storm trooper never gives up.

1 comments:

Angie said...

I know you are wilting, and I would probably be miserable if I was there, too. BUT, it would be so nice to be hot enough to go to a real, outdoor pool! Our weather was perfect today, up into the low 70s, so I shouldn't complain. Ashlyn has a little pool that we haven't been able to use once, though.