
I wonder if anyone remembers the my buddy doll from the 1980's with the catchy "My buddy and me" song. Well, he is now going for $15.00 on ebay and I swear I have one at home with me. The only difference is my buddy is named AJ and he isn't dressed in a cheesy red overalls outfit. Today was an AJ and mommy kind of day. Lexi had a playdate after church and my buddy and me went to McDonald's (please just stop crying AJ, you want to go to McDonald's?...the tears stop and "play there too mama") and Lowe's. Of course, there was more bribing to get him to agree to go to Lowe's without crying and screaming (this time an ice cream cone at home...and yes I know it is bad to bribe your kids with food). Apparently, I have spent so much time wandering around Lowe's that AJ starts crying just about every time we pull into the parking lot. This never happens for Larry, but it may have something to do with the fact that I'm not looking at tools and other "manly" things. I guess flowers and paint are not fun for a 2 year old boy. AJ had a fun time at McDonald's. He even snuck some of my Dr. Pepper and then told on himself after he did it. Once we made it to Lowe's, AJ decided he needed a dissertation for every decision I made. Then, on the way home we had another lengthy discussion on why we had to go home: "We're going home now. Why?? Because we are finished shopping. Why?? We are going home so you can have your ice cream cone. Why?? Don't you want ice cream? In a cone mama. Okay in a cone, so let's go home. Why??" And so forth and so forth. I was still explaining why when we pulled in the driveway. I vaguely remember seeking help for my son's lack of verbal communication last year...what was I thinking? Even better, he asked me today why Ducky was his best friend. "Ducky's my best friend. Who? Ducky. Oh, yes Ducky is your best friend. Why??" I think I hear "why" in my sleep. One last note, this sweet, eager to learn little boy also whacked his sister in the head with a "soft" baseball bat because she was pretending to sleep instead of playing with him. I think I want him to be my buddy and not my enemy.
1 comments:
Oh, I can hear your conversation. Why??? Yeah, I'm remembering the concern about not talking.
Post a Comment