AJ had his four year old physical yesterday. His hearing is fine, which means he does hear me when I talk. He just chooses not to listen. He scored in the 50th percentile for height (41 inches) and weight (34 lbs). He also had his immunization shots yesterday. After his crying spell...who wouldn't cry after getting five shots in quick succession, he was very concerned about whether or not Daddy cries when he gets his shots. Once we determined that Daddy would probably want to cry, but he wouldn't because he is a big boy, he seemed to be okay with his lapse in male emotional strength (because he is not as big as Daddy and it is okay to cry when you are a little "big boy"). However, he has been obsessed with talking about his shots. Everybody seems to know he received five shots at his doctor's appt. This evening while getting dressed for soccer practice, he was still going on about his shots, showing me how many fingers make five, etc. Then the conversation went like this:
AJ: I got five shots today.
Me: No, that was yesterday AJ.
Me: No, that was yesterday AJ.
AJ: I got five shots yesterday.
Me (in my sympathetic form of mothering): Did it kill you?
AJ: No. See my eyes are open.
Me: Yes, they are.
AJ: That's why I'm not dead momma, my eyes are open.
I guess that is what I get for being sarcastic.
1 comments:
Poor AJ and his 5 shots! I am glad his eyes are still open. Otherwise the shots would have killed him. Maybe we should write a book ... "The Wisdom of AJ" He's too funny!
And their soccer pictures are great.
Post a Comment