Thursday, October 25, 2007
Free to Good Home
Okay, I'm D-O-N-E! Anybody want to guess where my cat is at tonight? Give up? Tiger is vacationing at the vet's. Yes, my friends, yet another one of my animals has found a way to get an emergency trip to the vet (except he didn't eat a toothpick). Apparently, roaming around at night and getting bit by another cat causes a cat's face to swell up and basically abscess. He is now partaking in the luxury overnight stay package where he is monitored and his face is cleansed and treated with high-speed antibiotics. If the vet likes the look of things tomorrow, then he will return home. He and I will then begin the "Has anybody seen the cat?" game as I try to administer antibiotics to his facial wounds more than once a day. You know it is pretty bad when the vet (with a straight face) highly recommends that you call the local Animal Control office and ask to borrow a cat trap in hopes of catching and removing the possibly wild cat that repeatedly attacks my cat. Because as we all know, a similar incident will continue to occur until the attacker is removed from Tiger's territory or Tiger becomes an indoor kitty, which won't happen until hell freezes over...anybody want a cat? As an added bonus, I'll throw in a lively, child-friendly dog who likes to eat bags of bagels and toothpicks adorned with salami.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I would take the cat, but only if I could trade you for a crap-eating, howling beagle, who has seizures and two previous knee surgeries. Deal?
As tempting as it sounds, I will have to decline your offer. He and Sophie would probably become a dynamic duo and I wouldn't have a house left. Of course he could clean the yard for me before I mow. ;)
Eww. Unfortunately, he doesn't eat enough to keep things cleaned up. Just enough to make you want to throw up when you smell his breath.
Put him on Ebay!!! Or craigs list....
Why do these things always happen when husbands are deployed? Of course, your odds aren't so great since Larry is gone so much!
Post a Comment