Monday, November 27, 2006
The Big C's (also known as Cherie needs to rant)
It was today I realized that every time my husband leaves, I have some major necessity in my life decide that it is time to break. Those important "I can't live withouts" include the computer, the cars and the camera. The computer decided it would die about a week after he left, so for 4 1/2 months I have been downloading pictures from our camera on to the computer that doesn't like the internet (this would be the computer on which I manage our finances online, download our pictures, do my necessary school planning, etc. and the computer from which I print everything). Then I reduce them in size so they can all fit on a thumb drive and then I have to go to a much slower and older computer to download pictures to my email account and this blog. Anytime I find something on the internet that I want to save and print, said thumb drive is then used again to transfer info to the computer with the printer. Needless to say, I think I should marry the thumb drive or at least have an affair with it because I spend so much time with it and not to mention that I have a panic attack every time I can't find the flaming thing. The cars have been on the fritz since July as well. The Durango overheats every time it idles longer than 5 minutes (so long drive thru). I have burnt up a water pump, nearly ran the radiator dry and I have had anti-freeze leak all over the driveway. The Stratus decided it would hesitate or miss or skip or whatever you want to call the oh so technical speak for jerking every time the A/C ran...not so fun in July in the south. I solved this problem by having the Durango "fixed" but not really because no one can work on a car the first or second time and have it work properly after paying them 100's of dollars. So a new water pump and thermostat later it still overheats and now the belt whines so loudly that I'm having flashbacks to high school when I went early and stayed late so no one would hear my junky car squeal. I managed to drive the Durango proudly (but not to McDonald's) for a few weeks but I couldn't take the embarassment of it anymore and switched back to the car. It works and doesn't squeal, so who cares about the A/C right? As if life couldn't be much more fun with a broken computer and crazy temperamental vehicles, then my camera quit working over the weekend. IT WILL NOT TAKE A SINGLE PICTURE!!!! It keeps telling me the memory card is write protected and can't be accessed. So before you have a bright idea about pushing a button and solving the problem, it doesn't work that way. The owner's manual says if that message appears (which in almost 6 years it never has) then the memory card needs to have its write protection film removed...yeah what's that? I give up. I throw the towel in. I'm headed back to the Dark Ages. I'll write my thoughts in a letter and snail mail everyone. I'll draw a picture to immortalize that special memory and I'm buying a horse and buggy with my husband's hope you don't killed and your wife doesn't go pyscho bonus money. Best wishes to you all and let's say a prayer the Air Force actually decides to send my husband home on time (next week if we are lucky).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Next week! That is wonderful. I'm sorry that everything has fallen apart while Larry is gone. I am also amazed that you didn't just give it up and buy a new computer, even though Larry will probably be able to fix everything. Can you just buy a new memory card?
We need to talk.
Post a Comment