Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Sunflowers

Just wanted to share what Lexi did at school today. What you can't see because her art was too big for the scanner is the title sunflowers and her initials at the bottom--"ASL". She was practically beaming when she showed it to me, and I was very proud of her. I don't know why, but I absolutely love Lexi's works. I have a good friend who has been kind enough to take Lexi on "field trips" to the local art museum which has a very entertaining art program. I have fallen in love with several pieces she has brought home from her mornings out. I just wish we had more time in the week to work in art lessons or pottery lessons. But unfortunately, with gymnastics twice a week and violin lessons once a week with twice a week soccer commitments during the spring and fall seasons, as well as homework, who has the time? I know I get tired just thinking about it. And, before you think I'm one of those psycho moms who has to put her child in everything, I'm not. I really just want her to have the opportunity to explore her creative side, which is too easily squelched as we travel into adulthood.
Sunflowers by Lexi

Her inspiration.
She said this is what Van Gogh painted when he was happy.


0 comments: