Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, August 20, 2007

Emergency Room

Yeah, so when your husband is away, the big joke is that you will end up in the emergency room with one of the kids. Except when my husband is away, I end up in the emergency room. I had an itchy rash yesterday that seriously looked like I had been in a swarm of mosquitos. No big deal, I figured it was a reaction to the grass or bugs I encountered when I "groomed" the lawn Saturday. I took some Benedryl and went on my merry way. All the drug accomplished was lessening the itch and making me very sleepy. I was practically drooling during church. I decided to take more Benedryl at bedtime and figured it was probably some 24 hr thing and I would feel better in the morning. Not so. I woke up very early this morning with an intense itching sensation and by the time the kids were up, my body was covered in a red rash, my scalp was itching, my ears were burning and swollen and the area around my eyes started getting puffy. Even Lexi noticed I looked freakish. So, I call the same day appt. line, explain my issue and get a 1:00 pm appt. I asked if he could give me anything sooner and he said the advice nurse could help me out. As soon as I told her my symptoms, especially my facial symptoms, she told me I needed to head to the emergency room because I would be in serious trouble if it spread to my mouth or throat. Long story short, the doctor knows it is a reaction to something but doesn't know what. He said more than likely it was something I ate (I haven't added anything new to my diet...I practically eat the same stuff every day) or something I slathered on my body (I don't really do lotions and I haven't changed my soap or detergent). So now I'm sitting home too paranoid to eat or to take a shower, taking enough drugs to drop a horse (a combination of steriods and antihistamines) and resisting the urge to scratch my skin off.

Imagine this all over my body.

4 comments:

Amy said...

OMG! That looks terrible. And painful. And annoying. I am so sorry! What a way to end your summer.

Victoria said...

Wow, I'm so sorry Cherie, I hope you feel better and figure out what caused it so it won't happen again!

Victoria said...

this is victoria btw

Angie said...

So sorry! And, I was the one at the emergency room while Allen was gone, too.

I hope that you feel better soon.