Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Skating

Today we went skating with some of Lexi and AJ's friends. Lexi had a blast hanging out with her girlfriends. AJ spent much of the time doing the usual...eating and playing with the arcade machines. But then, out of nowhere, he asked to go skating. Yes my friends, he actually chose to put on skates. He even lasted longer than his typical 90 seconds of crying and yelling at me to take them off. He inched his way along while holding on to the wall and had very little use for me. Of course, it was my fault when he fell and hurt himself because as he informed me, I had made a lousy choice of skating rinks. I don't know, maybe we should just go back to the splash pad and play with the locked gate.
Lexi irritated that I made her pose for a picture...man the 'tude starts early.

The girls: Cate, Sophia and Lexi

AJ "skating"

AJ learning to "skate" better. There were about 50 gazillion kids from area summer camps at the rink. It took AJ about 5 minutes to figure out that he hadn't really been playing the games. Then for the next two hours he proceeded to beg me for dollars. Of course he may have learned it from all the other kids who were trying to bum money off of me as well.

Invading girl time.
He kept trying to climb the wall (with skates on) while yelling "Sissy".

"No pictures! I said stop the pictures!"
Just practicing for his future career as a famous heart throb.

He kept asking why the shoes have wheels.
I guess it really is a crazy concept when you think about it.

1 comments:

Angie said...

At least he tried to skate for a bit. I guess once he figured out that he wasn't playing the video games, he had to figure something else out.