Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, July 03, 2009

Joshua Tree, California


Joshua Tree National Park is a varied park. It is the home to lush areas such as Cottonwood Spring with its California Fan Palms and other Fan Palm oases. Get in your car and drive several miles and you are in the midst of a desert with Chollo and Teddy Bear cacti. Travel even further and the landscape changes to Joshua Tree (a type of yucca) fields filled with the most amazing rock outcrops. Drive to Keys View and you can see snow capped mountains and peer down into Coachella Valley at the San Andreas Fault. As with most of our visits to National Parks on this trip, we could have spent days exploring Joshua Tree. Larry was most disappointed with the fact that we didn't have time to climb. All in all, Joshua Tree is a beautiful and diverse park, nothing like the dense and very green forests I am used to back east, but as I'm learning, natural beauty comes in many forms and the desert is becoming more picturesque as I spend more time in the southwest.

0 comments: