This is what happens when you don't let Whisk in with his girlfriend while you take a shower.
We spent the afternoon swimming. Well, actually the kids spent the afternoon jumping off the side of the pool and I spent the afternoon parenting from a shady spot while talking with a friend.
He was ready to go long before Sis. So in order to dry off, he walked laps around the deck chair. When I told him to get his towel, he told me he didn't have one. When I asked why the towels didn't come to the pool with us, he said he didn't know because it wasn't his responsibility. Nice to know I'm raising him to depend on a woman. He'll make a good husband. :)
After the pool, we stopped for ice cream. He had bubblegum ice cream in a gigantic waffle cone. He took forever to eat it. His system included 1 -2 licks and then he nibbled around the edge, licked again, and then nibbled. The cycle continued until we were all finished and watching him eat for another 5 minutes. At least he's color coordinated.
Don't take my picture! I will use my cake batter ice cream to block your attempt while my brother tries to photobomb the picture.
Much to AJ's dismay, we stopped at a local antique mall. I found these measuring spoons. They are exactly like my grandmother's spoons that I still use. The vendor wanted $4.00 for the set. Wonder what they'll be worth in another 50 years.
Along with many other items from my childhood, Lexi found these salt and pepper shakers. The vendor wanted $3.00 for them. I inherited mine from my grandmother, but I'm not sure I would buy them now.
This postcard from the early 1900's is funny, but I couldn't bring myself to buy it. The spelling error would drive me crazy.
Labelled as a Victorian locket, my great-grandmother's locket is in the center of the picture. It has a moon with a single star. I was unable to see the price but the sideways smiley face to the bottom left is priced at $75.00. I enjoyed combing through the boxes of postcards, but next time I'll go without AJ who stood over my shoulder continuously asking me how much longer and when are we leaving.
AJ saw this sign and said that he hoped he would be sold to a richer family. This is wrong on several levels.
My dream: order it, pay for it, go to the store, and it is delivered to your car. Now only if someone would come home with me and put it away.
0 comments:
Post a Comment