Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Paranoia, 70's Decorating, and Legos

Yesterday, we ate at a local Vietnamese restaurant with good friends.  As always, I bounced paranoid thoughts off my friend.  What happens if someone breaks in the house while we're home, which kid do I save first if the house is on fire or our safety is threatened, and what happens if the kids are left home alone and I'm in a car wreck, incapacitated, and unable to communicate that my kids are by themselves?  Recently, there was a hit and run that involved a runner and he wasn't identified for 4 hours because he was unconscious, had run without an ID, and his wife didn't report him missing until well after he had been hit.  What would happen if I went out for a long run and a similar incident occurred?  Although I know that this line of thinking may sound ridiculous, I know for a fact that many women in my same situation have these thoughts at some point during their separations.  Long story short, I was up late last night, unable to sleep as usual, and kept hearing random noises.  At first I thought one of the kids had gotten up, but closer inspection revealed they were sound asleep.  Paranoia started to set in when the sporadic noises kept continuing and I couldn't find the source.  I knew the locks were triple and double locked, but I decided to recheck all the doors because I wouldn't be able to sleep with worries cascading through my mind.  I made my way to the living room to check the back door and I discovered the cat who thinks he's a dog attempting his best Sophie impersonation while his cohort silently watched the spectacle.  I'm glad I caught him because who knows how many bones he would have sampled in an effort to freshen his breath.


He didn't care that I caught him.  He just kept powering through.

 I'm not giving up.  I will eat this bone.

He gave it his best effort, but he just couldn't do it. 

Who needs opposable thumbs?  Not the rescue puma.

It takes a lot of energy to slit open a bag of bones in an attempt to defeat halitosis while channeling your inner dog.

While watching Three's Company today, I had a sudden epiphany.

We decorate like we live in a 70's sitcom.

Operation Build Dad's Lego has begun.


0 comments: