Today we made AJ's dreams come true, we went shopping. Amidst the continuous cries of joy, we managed to buy Lexi a few new clothes for school and he scored a comic book, a Star Wars Mad Lib pad, and new football gear.
For some reason, Lexi didn't want this shirt. Despite my repeated requests, AJ still photobombed my picture.
For lunch we tried a new restaurant. I'm quite impressed with the kids' adult menu choices. It's almost like they're growing up. Lexi ordered a Ranchero Wrap, sans the pico de gallo. It had cheddar cheese and jalapenos.
AJ ordered the Chicago Club minus the chipotle spread. He kept the spinach and roma tomatoes and actually liked the herb foccacia.
While walking through Old Navy AJ asked, "Mama what's kankis?" (Rhymes with stankus) "What AJ?" "What's kankis?" "Um that's a good question AJ, it's..." "See that sign, it says Kankis." "Oh, that sign says Khakis baby. They're pants." "Oh, okay." The end.
After shopping, the kids decided AJ needed to try on his new kit. I put the pads in the designated spots and Lexi oversaw the rest of the dressing procedure. AJ couldn't get his cleats on, but he didn't look too distressed that he needed help. He informed me that football players have people that help them dress. I'm not really sure about that, but I'm pretty sure they put on their own shoes.
Or maybe they do have people put on their cleats for them. It looks like a pretty painful process.
Lexi helped him with his shoulder pads.
Her reward was getting to punch him while saying "Does this hurt? How about this?"
What you can't really see in this picture is that Lexi is putting his shirt on him. The whole time he insisted that she put it on backwards. When I told him to check for a tag, he told me there was one there when there really wasn't. He hates to be wrong.
Getting help with the chinstrap.
Just stay still while I see if your head will come out of it. Nope, it's on tight.
Suited up and ready to go.
Notice the snarl. He was trying to look tough.
This is his tough man pose.
The stiff arm.
Clearing the playing field of landmines. Wouldn't want to stink up the new cleats.
Lexi tossing the ball to AJ. They were checking to see if AJ could still move easily in his football gear.
Best AJ comment today:
While searching for a Carolina Panthers shirt at Old Navy, we weren't having much luck finding his size. All of the ones we found first were too small. As he was looking through a rack, he mumbles to himself, "Guess I'm a man". Hmm this is going to be good, so I respond, "What baby?". "Oh, I guess I'm a man now." "Oh, how do you figure that?" "Well, they don't have my size in the boys' clothes, so I guess I'm a man now." He obviously does not have a self-esteem issue.









0 comments:
Post a Comment