Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

The Longest Day

It feels like I have been up forever and that this day just keeps going and going.  I'm not complaining because I have enjoyed all of it, but man I must be getting old because I wanted to go to sleep about 2 hours ago.  With that in mind, I'll be brief with my words and voluminous with my pictures.



While out running this morning, I saw this in someone's yard.  I had to go back and take a picture.  Guess you have to start them young.


This is an awesome dog.  Never once barked (I don't think the breed barks), just watched and followed along as I ran.  Too bad he sheds or else his breed might make it to my short list.


We went antiquing.  Someone who didn't want to go, begged not to go, pleaded to stay in the car, and wanted to know why he never gets to do what he wants to do, actually ended up enjoying the experience. 


My childhood is worth about $9.50 a record.  I need to rethink my retirement strategy because I still have a bunch of these.


Now I definitely would love to have a copy of this.  $32.00 is a nice return on the initial investement.


Foxtrot anyone?


This postcard is the one that got away.  It was in a bag of postcards, some Florida, but just as many not Florida related, that was marked at $9.00 for the lot.  I asked the guy to please let me buy it and that I would pay more than it was worth, but he refused to break up the set.  I still want it.  Is it worth $9 though?


This is what a "rare" $100 Dr Pepper bottle looks like.  I would love to have this for my collection, but sadly I can't justify $100, even for my favorite soda.


I want this too, but probably for the wrong reasons.  I love the map, the fact that it is for a business in my hometown, and for the unique nature of the map for its respective era.


Of course, America is prominent.  Gotta love FDR.



But, check out the other world leaders featured.  I was shocked to see Mussolini and Hirohito. 


I really, really wanted this mat.  It's a picture of a sailor and his mother with the label "Defenders of Democracy".  I would have it reframed with another picture, but I wasn't sure if it is worth $45.  It was in great condition considering the age, but I had to leave and couldn't decide.  I guess no decision is still a decision.


It had me at "Defenders of Democracy" but this won me over.


After we left the antique mall, we met my cousin and her family at a local Chinese restaurant.  I worked here in college as a hostess/cashier.  I'm not sure why the restaurant has a Polynesian theme, but somehow it worked then and apparently works now since the decor has not changed in over 15 years.



The cousins were bored hanging out in the nursing home, so they left the old ladies to chit-chat while they roamed the home, drank multiple glasses of free orange juice, and found snails in the mulch.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always chuckle at the romanticization of foreign lands and people. This Afghanistan record is a prime example. I don't think they do the 'oriental foxtrot' now or ever. Nor do any of them wear jewels on their head scarves. Also that head wrapping is indian, not Afghan. HAHA look how low her blouse goes, that one earn one free stoning, today and yesterday.