I'd forgotten how much I love driving the Jeep. I chose the Jeep today as Sophie's ride to the veterinarian. If it wasn't so hot, then it probably would have been her most comfortable ride. Despite the heat, she still seemed to enjoy riding on the comfy backseat using the wheel well as a headrest. We went in to check her vitals and to discuss increasing her dosage of Cushing's medication because her symptoms have not abated. While at the doctor's office, she had an ECG and the vet found that her heart is beating too fast and skipping beats while it is racing. Definitely not a condition conducive to increasing or adding new meds. We've decided to wean her off her current medicine because although not common, heart problems can be a side effect. We're going to try a different Cushing's medicine that's not taken on a daily basis and shouldn't be as toxic to her system. She's also battling pain due to arthritis in her lower back and hips, so we're exploring meds that will not strain her heart but help ease her pain. Poor girl is falling apart, but we're doing our best to keep her comfortable.
On the way to the vet, she enjoyed looking at the sights.
On the way back, she was pooped.
After dropping Sophie at home with the kids and mom, I took the Jeep back out to run errands: a trip to a local farmers' market, another library run, and Walmart. It was a BIG mistake going to Walmart since it's a tax-free weekend and payday. I stood in line so long, my milk started to sweat! The milk looked like I felt driving the Jeep today. I'm not a big fan of constant sweating and it felt like I spent the better part of 5 hours sweating buckets. My glistening state didn't take away from my enjoyment, but I know that I'll have even more fun toolin' around in the Jeep when the weather turns.
1 comments:
Poor Sophie.
I do not enjoy tax free weekend. Also, it happens to be a good coupon weekend at JoAnn's, and their batting is on sale. I will have to go.
Post a Comment