Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, August 27, 2012

Back to School

 
Lexi was the first to leave this morning.  Her day begins 40 minutes ahead of AJ.  She declared the day was good, but that middle school boys are weird.  She also didn't receive a locker today, so she had to carry ALL of her supplies with her all day and then bring them back home. 

 
AJ insisted on wearing a Star Wars shirt today.  We went through his entire collection before he decided on this one.  He declared his day as boring.  He said it felt like it was 24 hours long and that summer should have been longer.  He also said he doesn't like his teacher (no real reason why, but it might have something to do with taking up part of his recess with an explanation of rules and procedures). He declared recess "a bust" because there are too many children for very few balls and equipment and he also told me he no longer wants to walk.  Biking there is still on the table.  Although, after walking 6.5 miles today taking AJ to and from school and meeting Lexi at the edge of school property, I can understand where he's coming from. 

 
The big boy backpack and lunch box.  He longer wants characters on his accessories, only on his shirts :).

 
After walking AJ to school, I went to Walmart to pick up a few things and returned home to this.  She wanted to give it the old college try, but she didn't bother to eat anything after she got it off the counter.

 
Bobba the Hutt getting all up in Sophie's business.  Okay, so she's not in the Thundershirt, but it's the closest I've seen him willingly get to her.
 
 
Lexi and AJ decided that our celebration for back to school night should include wings.  I'm impressed they chose to stay home instead of going out to eat.  We ate about 2/3 of what I prepared.  If the wing eating guru had been here, there would have been nothing left.

 
This was the movie selection for tonight.  It was fairly entertaining and mostly true to the book.  Lexi and I liked it and AJ kept asking questions throughout the whole movie.  I don't think the futuristic touches were holding his attention.  I guess he wants his science fiction to be more believable, you know like Star Wars.
 

0 comments: