We left early this morning for our long drive to the airport. Even though it took about 2 hours and 45 minutes, which is about an hour longer than the closest airport, it wasn't a bad drive. As we were leaving, I noticed that gas has once again jumped drastically in price. This is a picture of a gas station charging $3.70 but we passed another on our way out of town that charges $3.77. We may have to depend on the left right express before too long.
Our entire drive looked like this, which probably added time to the trip. It's pretty hard to illegally speed when you can't see the road and you have to dodge standing water.
I'm glad we left the Nerf gun at home. AJ wanted to bring his brass knuckles and power drill but I told him we wouldn't have time to use them. All joking aside, isn't some of this stuff common sense?
Someone declared his pizza unfit for consumption. He said it had too much cheese and not enough sauce. We then had a discussion about how eating all the pepperonis off the pizza messes up the cheese to perfect taste ratio. Just order a cheese pizza next time. But I like eating all the pepperonis off the pizza. Ugh! Impossible to please.
I need this. Of course, who doesn't need an electronic device that helps you enter a state of euphoria while melting away your stress and tension. It's portable too. Looks like a win-win situation. Lexi and I decided today that every one's Christmas gift is coming from the SkyMall catalog. It has something for every person and pet.
There's nothing better than a hotel pool.
We met up with some friends and had dinner together. Then we went back to their house and walked around our old neighborhood. Man I miss those sunsets and the safe feeling of our old residence.
Some things still haven't changed. Our favorite bridge continues to be one lane because of necessary but unseen repairs. Our other favorite rickety old bridge is closed for two more weeks as the state transitions from a deathtrap to a modern river crossing.
0 comments:
Post a Comment