I finally broke down and bought a proper cover for my Nook. I almost went with the one that had a black cat on it, but I settled on this one.
Can you guess who it reminds me of?
She doesn't do much pointing these days, but she does get her daily exercise flipping the trashcan. She has gone dumpster diving twice in two days. I guess it's time to retrain the human.
Sometimes I question Mr. Whiskers' intelligence, especially when he tries to help himself to her food while she's eating. And we think Bob is the dumb one.
When she snarls and growls and sometimes snaps, he decides it's best to sit idly by and wait for her to finish. Occasionally he scores some dog food. He really likes when we add pureed pumpkin.
On a different note, Lexi decided to change up her headband and ponytail look. This is what she came up with this morning. Apparently it was a big hit at school. This afternoon, she made the leap to after school club member by joining the Battle of the Books club. It's basically a Jeopardy like competition with a reading list of 27 books. The kids have to read and reread the books several times in order to answer questions based on minute details from the story lines. She's super excited and is already halfway through one of the books.
So as not to ignore AJ, here are two of his funnier one-liners from the past couple of days:
It's been a bit chilly the last couple of mornings and AJ commented about the change in weather. When told that perhaps it's time to start wearing a lightweight coat in the mornings, he responded, "Coats are a sign of weakness."
I was lamenting Sophie's refusal to go outside and use the bathroom yesterday morning and I told AJ, "I think she has to be the most stubborn dog I've ever known." AJ looked up from his Boba Fett Omnibus and stated matter-of-factly, "Or maybe she's just stupid", then he went back to reading his book.
0 comments:
Post a Comment