Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, September 08, 2012

Why Kids Shouldn't Be Left Unattended

The following pictures were taken while I went for a run.  No animals were harmed or fed during the time I was gone.  They were simply used as props for this photo shoot.  They were fed when I got back because I hide the food from the kids making it impossible for them to complete their chores.  It's all part of my evil plan to keep them poor and myself rich.  
 



 
 
 
In other news, we met up with some friends from KS.  The kids had a blast catching up and discussing football.  We're hoping to see each other again the next time they come to town.

 
2nd grade buddies
 
 
We ran errands after visiting, and the kids were bored out of their minds.  We did manage to find a new library today and AJ checked out the entire Star Wars collection.  I scored two books and Lexi feigned indifference.  We came home and made tortilla pizzas for our movie night.  I fed the animals (see hidden food reason above and ignore food containers in the background because they are there to confuse the kids) and in Sophie's excitement, she lost control of her back legs and took out the cat food bowls while the cats were eating.  Bob left claw marks in the floor (not really, but he tried) and Whisk hid for 3.6 seconds and returned to help with the clean up process.

 
Bosom buddies helping me clean up the floor.  I didn't really do any work but I supervised to make sure Whisk didn't lose any important body parts.

 
Our movie for tonight.  The Lorax was entertaining for the kids, but it really was liberal environmentalism masquerading as a kids' movie, much like the original intentions of Dr. Seuss.  Larry would have loved it!  I fell asleep.
 
 
*Let it be noted that as I was writing this entry, a gigantic puddle of water was found in the kitchen by the man of the house.  It appears that the freezer defrosted itself.  I'm hoping it hasn't died but the sides were extremely hot.  I've unplugged it for now and surrounded it with towels to catch the rest of the water.  We'll see how this adventure unfolds.

0 comments: