My day consisted of more of the same: walking the kids to and from school, football practice, and running. I decided to throw in unpacking boxes whose contents have not been seen since TX. I have to say that I'm starting to appreciate the minimalist lifestyle. I mean, do I really need 50,000 pictures hung on my walls or sitting on every available ledge and bookshelf? I haven't even touched the boxes marked knick-knacks yet. I must admit that I didn't really miss most of this stuff. Leaving it packed up for over a year has made me realize that some of it should leave because we really don't need it anyway. I'm thinking that some of these pictures may find their way into my photo box and their frames will be on the way to the Goodwill.
This is my gigantic pile of packing paper and bubble wrap. It's also a cat haven. Whisker Fett took one look and dove right in, burying himself in the mound of paper. I was sort of afraid to walk by it for fear of being attacked. He was nice enough to ignore the bounty on my head.
Whisker Fett thinks the jetted tub is his personal lounge. He's probably right because it's basically just a space filler. I look at that thing and all I can think about is how much of a pain in the a*% it's going to be to clean. Matter of fact, let's just scratch it off the list of my "forever" home must-haves. I'll be too old and crotchety to bother bending over to clean it anyway.
The most original method of teaching teamwork and determination I've seen. The more I watch AJ's coach, the more I am impressed with his leadership style. He doesn't baby the boys, he doesn't bully them, and he doesn't cut them down. He uses honesty and high expectations mixed with real world examples to lead these boys to an understanding and appreciaton of football. I couldn't ask for a better coach for AJ.
0 comments:
Post a Comment