This afternoon we met a good friend for lunch and an afternoon of shopping. We ate at her favorite Vietnamese restaurant, and during the multi-topic conversation, we touched on where we would like to visit. I mentioned Japan, the UK, and Australia. Lexi went with everywhere because she wants to be a world traveler. AJ said France. When asked why, he replied because he likes Napoleon. Enough said.
He finally got tired of the all the talking. First he laid his head on the table in an act of exasperation and then he simply turned around and refused to acknowledge us.
Next we went to AC Moore. Lexi needed supplies for a craft project and after finding them, we proceeded to browse the store. When I stopped to look at the yarn, AJ admonished me with "There's no looking at yarn. We came in here for one thing and we found it. Now let's go." It's like hanging out in Jo-Ann's with Larry.
After AJ got over his displeasure, he seemed to enjoy looking around the store. It probably had a lot to do with the fact that I let them "explore" the store, visiting the sections that piqued their interest. My friend and I steered Lexi towards the scrapbook section where we found this cute book which is a combination of scrapbook and journal. AJ asked what she would use it for. I explained that you put your memories in it and Lexi said she could write her dreams in it. AJ responded with "dreaming is for wimps". Sensitivity is his strong suit.
AJ found this stamp while he passed the time as we looked through the scrapbook stuff. He brought it to me and said, "Look it's me and Sissy. But instead of skipping together, Sissy would be dragging me." I do believe they love each other, but they're just afraid to express it through gentle acts and kind words.
Next we went to Barnes & Noble. On our way to the magazine section, we passed this bobble head. AJ stopped, pointed to Boba Fett and said, "This is what I'm thinking when you're shopping." Then he walked away.
Next he found this board game. He was really excited to see one of his favorite video games envisioned as a board game. However, I think the only people willing to play it would be AJ, Lexi, and Dad.
Lexi and AJ reading a Simpsons comic. He told me that we're just like the Simpsons except we don't have Maggie. I'm not really sure how I feel about being likened to a blue haired woman, but at least I'm not Homer ;) .
For our last stop, we had cupcakes at a local bakery. AJ picked Fruit Punch, Lexi picked Coconut Creme Pie, and I had Strawberry Cheesecake. As an afterthought, I picked up some bottled waters to quench our cupcake thirst. While Lexi and our friend were shopping in Claire's, AJ and I were chit-chatting when he said, "That was a good idea getting water." I responded, "Thanks, occasionally I have good ideas." He replied, "Well you have all the good ideas since Dad's gone." After realizing what he said, he tried to make it better by saying "Well, you still have some good ideas when Dad's here." I think this is compliment, maybe.
0 comments:
Post a Comment