Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bullets

You know, I generally have trouble starting another blog entry.  It is rare that the post flows easily from my mind and names itself without any real brain power.  Today, well today deserves bullets.

  • Sickness has not only descended upon our house, it has taken up residence.  I will soon be charging rent.  We went to the doctor today and came home with antibiotics, Sudafed, and Zyrtec.  Her situation seemed to be on the up and up when I left her tonight to take AJ to football practice.  At 7:15 I received a phone call from an upset daughter saying she had just puked all over the kitchen.  I now want to bathe in Clorox.  Guess she won't be going to school tomorrow either.
  • AJ is seriously considering walking to school again.  He said his legs feel like jelly when he rides his bike.  The jelly to time ratio is going to be the deciding factor.
  • Mr. Whiskers really, really, really wants to catch a squirrel.  He tried to go through the window to catch one.  He wasn't successful.
  • I made baked ziti yesterday in an effort to cut down on my dinner prep for the week and to fix a "real" meal.  Lexi was too sick to eat it and AJ wolfed it down after his power nap and before we had to leave for football.  Today, when told that we were having ziti again tonight for dinner, AJ acted like I had broken his best video game.  In his own words, "Why do we have to have that again?  I barely choked it down last night."
  • AJ has a flair for the dramatic.
  • AJ's coach took me aside tonight after practice and apologized for last week's game.  He said that he is really impressed with AJ's performance this week at practice and that he will be his go to man for sacking the quarterback.  AJ was very proud to hear the coach's compliments.
  • AJ got roughed up at practice tonight.  He didn't complain one bit, not even when his elbow got tore up and bled. 
  • I think he saves the drama for me.
  • This morning while eating my cereal I had that moment where you realized you should have checked the milk before you put a gigantic spoonful of Corn Pops in your mouth.  I'll be smelling the milk every day for the next 6 months paranoid that I'm going to eat nasty milk again. 
  • That's all folks.  I'm fresh out of interesting stuff.

0 comments: