Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Playing Catch Up

 
Recently, it was decided that Bob needed a cape to enhance his superpowers.  He low crawled about 2 feet and...

 
fell down, laying like this until the cape was removed.  We have found Bob's kryptonite.

 
After AJ's football game, we went out to lunch with some dear friends who traveled to town to watch him play.  They had originally planned to see both kids play their respective sports, but Lexi's sickness lingers and she was unable to play in today's game.  The lunch decision was left up to AJ and he originally picked Subway, but when Jimmy John's was offered, he went out on a limb and tried something new.  Ironically, he picked the JJ's version of the Subway Italian BMT.

 
Although Jimmy John's sandwiches are good, AJ said he still preferred Subway.  At least he didn't have to force himself to choke down his meal.  I wouldn't want him to grow up to wear baggy pants.
 
 
Let it be known that I will never ever choose hairstylist as my profession when I grow up.  After performing a rushed mullet-ectomy so AJ wouldn't "look like a girl" for his football pictures this morning, all dreams of artistically wielding a pair of scissors were dashed against the rocks.  The hairstylist and I had a good chuckle about my hack job.
 
 
Here ladies and gentlemen is my son stepping out of his comfort zone in order to score a video game.  This morning, we saw a young man sporting a very tall, very spiked, and very real mohawk.  I'm guessing he had styled his hair for the football pictures because as AJ so astutely pointed out, "the helmet is going to mess that up."  Now it has been a pipe dream of mine for a while to see AJ with a mohawk.  I would beg him to let Daddy shave one as a precursor to his quarterly shearing.  AJ would adamantly refuse regardless of the prize offered.  Today I tossed out a new video game as the reward if he would get a mohawk.  He considered the offer but in the end, he turned me down.  Immediately following lunch, we popped into a neighboring salon to have my embarrassing haircut remedied, and after depositing him in the stylist's chair, I walked away and continued my conversation with our friends.  At the end of his chair time, he came beep-bopping around the corner with the biggest grin on his face.  He'd found a loophole in my request.  May I now present you AJ with a faux hawk.  Sadly, he actually likes it and I know he secretly wishes he'd just listened to me so long ago.  He said he might even wear his hair this way for picture day.  As an aside, I was poked in the eye earlier this evening by the crunchy hawk, and AJ replied "it's my line of defense."  That'll teach me to lean in for a kiss.
 
 

0 comments: